What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak

flyindoorman

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if you can still upgrade a TruTrak autopilot exchange as you could in the past or is that no longer available with bendixKing involvment?

Have tried to call TruTrak but no answer and Bendixking is an automated hold process...

I did the upgrade to a Vision right after Oshkosh. I dealt with the people I spoke to at Oshkosh, not sure how it?s working now. They may have a reduced staff around the holidays. I would try again.
I know the support side is now being handled by BendixKing and warranty work is being handled by Mid-Continent I believe.

Bendix-TruTrak

They are in transition!
Currently have an issue with a DSP B servo.
Luckily I was connected with Jay Horting at Bendix!
They are working hard to make the transition as seemless as it can be.
Mi- Continent is in the mix- tasked with repairs-awp tooling - fixtures,etc
Mr Horting has worked extra hard to find a servo replacement- been an ordeal
due to holidays, but I think we have a servo replacement!
Waiting a call from Carrie
We will see-
Contact info: Jay Horting
Field Service Engineer
Bendix King
[email protected]

Upgrades / servos

All are correct.

THe upgrade can be done. Carrie and I will both be back to TT on Monday. You are correct that there is reduced staff there over holidays. There was supposed to be staff to handle calls and what-not, but there were some family issues. Anyway. You can email me and I?ll get you handled. Andrew.barker at Honeywell.com

The replacement servo can also be handled. The staff issues above probably have caused delays there, but Carrie / I will help resolve it on Monday.

Thanks!!!

Andrew... I have both an RV7 with TT and a 182 with Vizion TT/Aspen. I?m getting 10 degree overshoots in the 182 when in TT track mode and Aspen HDG/GPSS mode. It?s solid when using the src switch selected to the GTN 750. All features in the RV are solid. I?ve tried adjusting every setting Bendix King mentioned. I heard there is an upcoming TT software update to fix this. Can you confirm this.

Upgrade

Andrew
Thank you sir I have upgraded on a couple of planes in the past and glad its still an option will send an email.

Back