What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Titan IO-540

James responded to me, ironically almost exactly a year ago, on this saying it's "suspended".

If you search on it, there was some discussion a while back on it. It is a little confusing that their website makes it appear it's still for sale.

On Jan 25, 2021, at 09:32, James K. Ball <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Mr. Gawer,

Continental Aerospace has suspended the manufacture of the 540 parallel valve Titan experimental engines. This decision was based upon the need to concentrate resources on our 4 cylinder engine models with 340 and 370 cubic inch displacements. Sorry we cannot address your requirement.

Thank you for the inquiry.

Sincerely,
James Ball (J.B.)
Continental Experimental Engines

Too bad Lycoming doesn’t have much competition

I originally put a deposit on a new Titan IO-540 before Continental bought them. I ultimately picked the Lycoming through Vans. I was concerned that Continental would stop producing them and leave the support to the owner and decreasing the value of a Titan engine.
Unfortunately Lycomings’ arrogance is alive and well. Pay $50k+ and you have to beg for a free hat 😂. Great engine though 😁. Should have bought the thunderbolt!

Back