What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADS-B IN/OUT DONE!

BVD

Well Known Member
I finally found some free time at home to install my ADS-B (thanks Tim for the deal on the GDL 82 and 50R).

I made a shelf across the longerons just aft of the baggage area to mount the equipment. Mounted the L-Band antenna on the bottom skin adjacent to the next bulkhead aft, and the GPS antenna on the top of the fuselage just aft of the pax seat.

Everything powered up as expected and once the GDL 82 was configured everything was in the green. I recently removed the PSS AOA system that had an indicator mounted in the left side panel, so I made a little Switch/LED panel to put in place of the indicator. The LED is for GDL 82 faults, and the switch is a mini DPDT momentary down to test the LED, center off, and up on for anonymous mode. Worked out pretty good considering I'm working with existing holes. The next step in the upgrade process includes a GDU 460 and a new panel will be cut so I can finally clean everything up and make it all look pretty.

The GDL 50R is really nice. Hard wired to the Aera 600 for weather and traffic, and via Bluetooth to the iPad. The iPad is running ForeFlight and has BT connections to both the 660 for sending/receiving flight plans, and to the GDL50R for AHRS, weather and traffic. Works perfectly! I now have 3 PFDs, 2 with synthetic vision.

Now I have to go back to work and make money to pay for it! :D

Click for pics - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gy9pF8gsSNtbstmxo-z4A8wtV8ko9Pn_?usp=sharing

Public ADS-B Performance Report

ADS-B test complete...all good to go! Happy camper!!

Back