What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rubber-Steel braided ... or Teflon steel braided, what does the placard tells me?

swisseagle

Well Known Member
Hello

I'm asking this for a buddy, a buyer of an RV-8, IO-360:
The Swiss airworthiness inspector does not believe, that the FWF hoses are teflon-steel braided (original VANS FWF Kit, but about 10 to 12 years ago).

Now the builder must prove that they are, or replace them.

I could not get my hands on the hose but could hand him 2 samples, so he could assess which kind of tubes they are.

But there is a placard on the hose that tells this:

PEF LW 12799-69222 .725
124F6001-6CP 222PT/AX

Can anybody read them? I could not find more information on the net or elsewhere.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Fuel hose.jpg
    Fuel hose.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 57
Can't help with those numbers, but I doubt that Vans ever shipped teflon hoses. I thought they only supply rubber. Not sure, so don't trust that.

Do a bit of searching on hose size. A teflon hose will be quite a bit thinner than a comparable sized rubber hose, at least when viewed without the firesleeve. Also, if you send a picture of the fittings on the end of the hose, we can tell you if they are rubber or teflon, as they have distinctive looks to them. If you have a sample hose without the ends attached, post a picture of the hose cross section.

Larry

Last edited:
Back