What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airworthiness certificate and transition training

Kirk S

Arnold Holmes issued my airworthiness certificate a few weeks ago and now after some health delays I need to “satisfactory complete a checkout from a CFI in this make and model (RV 7 tailwheel)” to start test flying with insurance.
I do have over 1100 hours of tailwheel time mostly in a Waiex (Sonex with a V-tail and a 6 cylinder Jabiru) but the insurance company wants make and model ! Live in S/W Florida (Ft. Myers) any suggestions ?
Any suggestions?
TIA, Kirk S.

+1 Alex

Alex is great to fly with and easy to get to. He'll go through every emergency procedure with you except a crash. Time and money well spent and very much enjoyed the refresher. His A/C airframes are also very comfortable.

Kind of got me excited for a couple minutes, I know Steve, he is a nice guy and a good CFI, and did get a RV a few months ago but it’s a 6 A . I need a tailwheel.
Thanks, Kirk S.

Kind of got me excited for a couple minutes, I know Steve, he is a nice guy and a good CFI, and did get a RV a few months ago but it’s a 6 A . I need a tailwheel.
Thanks, Kirk S.

i do believe steve also has RV-6 tailwheel time and may have access to tailwheel RV. give him a call. i would do it, but i don't have full controls in the back of my RV-4.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Two questions to ask anyone furnishing an RV for transition training:
1. Does your insurance cover this activity? For most standard policies the answer is no.
2. Do you have the FAA waiver (‘LODA’) allowing you to furnish the EAB airplane for-hire? The answer should be yes.

Back