What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X GPSVieE, GPSVeiN and GPSVeiU

Bavafa

Well Known Member
When looking at the log file from G3X flight, there are some GPS info available but I could not find any information as what they are.

My GPS antenna which is installed under the cowl, is not receiving all the vital GPS info that Garmin needs to reliably calculate attitude. These are some of the GPS info but not sure what they are. I suspect my GPS reception is being affected by the metallic paint that I have.

Look one line up in the .csv file to find GPS Velocity E (m/sec), GPS Velocity N (m/sec) and GPS Velocity U (m/sec). GPS velocity East, North, and Up.

If you plot GPS U and vertical speed, the plots have the same shape, confirming the meaning of U.

GPS is used typically to aid the ADHRS in computing attitude, but is not used by itself -- although that has been done in some experimental applications.

Your best source of information is [email protected]

Look one line up in the .csv file to find GPS Velocity E (m/sec), GPS Velocity N (m/sec) and GPS Velocity U (m/sec). GPS velocity East, North, and Up.

If you plot GPS U and vertical speed, the plots have the same shape, confirming the meaning of U.

GPS is used typically to aid the ADHRS in computing attitude, but is not used by itself -- although that has been done in some experimental applications.

Your best source of information is [email protected]
Thank you Ed for explaining the meaning of E, N and U. I did plot the Vspeed and U and they match pretty much the same.

Back