What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cost of SB's during initial build?

BobbyLucas

Well Known Member
Does Van's cover the cost of completing service bulletins during the initial build of the plane? It's not the end of the world, but I'm at the finish line and looking at $400 + shipping for the engine mount standoff, HIC module, tailcone stiffeners etc. I realize I should have been doing the SB's as I went, noob oversight. :eek:

Not as I know. I don't think Vans or other company are obligated to pay for the SB after the parts are shipped. But in my original kit, all the parts to address the previous SBs are included in the inventory. All subsequent SBs are paid by the builder. There are two post delivery SBs during my build, one from Vans and one from Dynon. I paid for the new SBs since the kit was already delivered at least 1 year prior.

Last edited:
No. Any new service bulletins will be your responsibility. Generally Van's will incorporate older service bulletins with kits as they ship. Although in some cases they'll ship old parts with the kit, even though they have had the updated parts in inventory for months...

Back