What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 ride

Steenos

Hey y'all. I'm very interested in an RV10. I'm in Chattanooga TN. I'm an air traffic controller. Would gladly trade a tower tour =).

Atlanta ride

I am a little closer in SE Atlanta. I am in Conyers but keep the plane in Monticello.

Gary Specketer
770 403 three four five zero
gspecketer @ hot mail dot com

Thanks guys! Pierre I haven't received a PM from you yet but could because of my low posts on the forum. My email is justinsoltau (@) gmail dot com.

Thank you Gary. Sounds like I need to get down to Atlanta/Augusta area!

Hey y'all. I'm very interested in an RV10. I'm in Chattanooga TN. I'm an air traffic controller. Would gladly trade a tower tour =).
That isn't a good trade! A tower tour won't cost an RV-10 driver $150K, but it could you! :D :p

Welcome to VAF!

I know I posted about RV10's, but are there any RV12's in the area as well? I emailed some guy in Maryland he's got a demo RV10 and RV12 and an actual vans representative.

Just curious if there's anything closer.

He's a great guy. I thoroughly enjoyed my RV-10 demo ride with him.
The visit with him was probably the last thing that sealed it for me ordering my emp kit.

Thats great to hear. Spoke with him on the phone today. The nice thing is that he has both an RV10 and RV12 right? For cost reasons i'd like the RV12, but for comfort and trips i'd love an RV10. Just that engine price of the RV10 doesn't excite me.

Thats great to hear. Spoke with him on the phone today. The nice thing is that he has both an RV10 and RV12 right? For cost reasons i'd like the RV12, but for comfort and trips i'd love an RV10. Just that engine price of the RV10 doesn't excite me.

Yes, and I believe he also has the RV-14 that he finished.

If you decide you want an RV bushplane the 9 is perfect for that. I am just around the corner in NJ and I've never been in TN tower. Welcome aboard Justin! :D

My wife and I got to sit in an RV-10 last week at Sun n Fun and a member here (Thanks Frank!) let my wife hang out with him and chat about the RV-10 while he was here for the airshow.

After this I'm very confident this is the airplane I want to build and my wife was thoroughly impressed as well which is a big change from "You want to build an airplane?!?" to a more "That was a nice plane! How much would that cost?"

So I'm wondering if there are any RV-10 owners in the Tampa Bay Area that would be willing to take me for a ride? I'd be happy to pay for the fuel or buy a lunch for you in return.

Thanks,
-Adam

Yes, they are wonderful next-door neighbors of mine, and I love towing them up in their sailplanes with the L-19 Birddog.

Vic

Back