What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

XCruze Level Button

Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
I purchased a Bendix King XCruze 100 to replace a TruTrak ADI 2. Bendix King sent me the autopilot, but it did not include the A/P level button that it is advertised with on their site. To be fair, I only purchase the control head, not the whole kit with the servos.

I emailed Bendix King and spoke on the phone numerous times, and they were supposed to send me the level button. That was in September. It's going on 2 months now with no button and no communication.

I would like to install my own button. Does anyone have a suggestion for a comparable button. I believe it is a two wire momentary on switch.

The Dynon one is probably compatible.

Attachments

• 39BFB8CF-B543-4756-A194-0FBE8F2080A7.png
    39BFB8CF-B543-4756-A194-0FBE8F2080A7.png
    78 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Amazon has buttons that will work. As I recall, blue is the standard color for auto level ?

Last edited:
What Joe Said

I used Steinair's black pushbutton as well for A/P level, but any quality momentary on pushbutton should work. I've always had good luck with Steinair, and it's easier than hunting for the "right one" elsewhere. Of course, if you want one of the nice-looking blue buttons with the backlit label on it, you're going to have to look around (and pay a bit more).

My Xcruze 110 also did not come with a button. After communicating with BK and Mid-Continent, which wanted a lot $$$ for a button switch, I found a nice size red push button switch at Radio Shack (some still exist).

Thanks everyone. I ordered one of the simple switches from amazon. Pretty pathetic that a company will take your $1,000 in a heartbeat and then won't even reply to emails or phone calls for months.

all sorts of great responses already.

momentary contact normally open switch is what you are after.

Thanks, Andrew.

Any idea why the folks at Bendix King tell you they're gonna do something and then not only don't do it but proceed to ignore all further inquiries? It's embarrassing and unprofessional.

They will sell just the control head?

They did to me. I don't think they advertise it that way on their website, but I made the purchase over the phone.

The button I bought on Amazon works great, just a black momentary on switch with a "A/P LEVEL" label beside it. It really is a nice feature. If you're in an unusual attitude, you just push that button whether the A/P is on or off, and it gets you wings and pitch level.

This last part is really important to keep in mind. The "level" function produces a zero rate of climb condition. It is NOT an altitude hold.

When I built the panel in our Sportsman I took the time to educate my wife about the "blue button". For her (and I'm sure for others) it's a feature which brings great reassurance. I've often used it to just stabilize the airplane while my hands or brain have to be doing something else; it's so fast and easy to engage that it becomes something like having an experienced pilot in the seat beside you to whom you can say "Here, you fly for a minute while I find the pencil I just dropped".

Back