What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy seal

Bavafa

Well Known Member
I was thinking of adding a thin strip of seal to the fuselage side (F-01455C SEAL ANGLE) just aft of the proseal portion in addition to the seal that goes on the canopy side, thinking that two seals against one another will do a better job.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this?

Did you ever come up with a solution? With winter approaching I want to better seal the sliding canopy - including where the rear of the canopy rests when closed.

Did you ever come up with a solution? With winter approaching I want to better seal the sliding canopy - including where the rear of the canopy rests when closed.
Yes, I did the above thing that I had asked about with good result. This will only pertain to the front of the canopy but I don't get any water in either in rain or when I wash the plane.

Yes, I did the above thing that I had asked about with good result. This will only pertain to the front of the canopy but I don't get any water in either in rain or when I wash the plane.
Thanks for the reply! So you installed part #F-01455C SEAL ANGLE? Is that a metal strip designed to hold weather stripping - or is it the actual weather stripping. I'm trying to envision your installation - would love a picture if you have one.

Thanks for the reply! So you installed part #F-01455C SEAL ANGLE? Is that a metal strip designed to hold weather stripping - or is it the actual weather stripping. I'm trying to envision your installation - would love a picture if you have one.
This is just a rubber stripping that I have added in addition to what is in the plan. This adheres to the fuselage side that mates with the one that the plans calls for and adheres to the canopy part. I will take a picture next time I am at the hanger.

Back