What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Superior Millenium cylinders

Chippster1

So I got a top overhaul on my RV10 and had the Millenium cylinders installed.
Decreased CR down to a stock 8.5:1 from 9.2:1.
I definitely noticed increased power(old ECI cylinders had weak compressions and high oil consumption, much blow by )
But I also noticed quite an increase in fuel flow.
The only thing I can think of is the new millenniums have better volumetric efficiency and perhaps flow more air.
Does anyone out there agree or know this to be true?

Ted Chipps
N 498EC

Me too

I did exactly what you have done. I did not notice any changes in FF but was not looking for one. If there is any difference, it must be very little with my setup. I have IO540.

I have a set of these, but had them ported by Ly-Con...they flow very well.

If your new setup is making more horsepower, I would be surprised if it wasn't using more fuel.

At full throttle, sea level, I got almost 23 GPH fuel flow on the test stand. More Hp results in more fuel flow.

So I got a top overhaul on my RV10 and had the Millenium cylinders installed.
Decreased CR down to a stock 8.5:1 from 9.2:1.
I definitely noticed increased power(old ECI cylinders had weak compressions and high oil consumption, much blow by )
But I also noticed quite an increase in fuel flow.
The only thing I can think of is the new millenniums have better volumetric efficiency and perhaps flow more air.
Does anyone out there agree or know this to be true?

Ted Chipps
N 498EC

Intake port shape and smoothness have a big impact on VE, but have my doubts that the superiors are any better than the ECI's. Very possible that you had other issues with the ECI's that were reducing VE from normal and the new cyl's just brought you back to normal.

Back