What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV 10 finish kit delays

I ordered my finish kit Jan 30, 2023 expecting it to be summer 2024 delivery. Got an email this week that it has a Jan 2024 delivery date. It's earlier than anticipated, but I think I'll be ready for it.

I just got a crating date of May 4-Jun 29 but am nowhere near ready - work won't leave me alone. So I did submit a volunteer delay form - hopefully it will help someone.

Just received an email from Van's asking for final payment of the Finish Kit.
Looks like the May 9 - Jun 29th crating date is accurate.

Ordered Jan 21

Just received an email from Van's asking for final payment of the Finish Kit.
Looks like the May 9 - Jun 29th crating date is accurate.

Ordered Jan 21

Also delayed

Like John, I delyaed my kit delivery about 6-8 months. Seems like a win, win. I'm not ready for the kit yet, and Vans said they won't raise the price if we agree to delay so someone else in more need can have it sooner. Happy to help out and hope others do the same.

Got my finish kit today. There were some significant backordered items, like the seats, and several hardware bags, but I got the fiberglass parts and the engine mount, landing gear, and much of the hardware.

Ordered in early Februrary 2022.

Is it normal for the nosewheel fork to be bare metal, not powder coated? All the other steel weldments in the kit that I've seen so far have been powder coated.

Is it normal for the nosewheel fork to be bare metal, not powder coated? All the other steel weldments in the kit that I've seen so far have been powder coated.

The fork is not steel, but aluminum. No need for powder coating.

Ordered March of 2022, just got the request for final payment and crating next month.

Got a nice present from Vans yesterday; "HINGES". They are date stamped 07/25/2023 on the label. I imagine a lot of folks will be seeing these soon.
Back to work! I'm still missing a lot of items but this is a big help.

Back