to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Go Back   VAF Forums > RV Firewall Forward Section > Propellers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHRV7A View Post
Is anyone familiar with Dynamic Solutions Systems Inc. Personal MicroBalancer PN 1155-2? I'm troubled by process of getting from polar chart to reality.
Contact me at glhrv7@yahoo.com. thanks
They should probably explain the process in an operating manual but I looked at their website and they have no download. To calculate the weight from the polar chart, use the standard formula of ((hp/10) + 30))* IPS. Multiply that by the distance from crank center to sensor/distance from crank center to the location of the weight. Tradition is that the polar charts give the location of the heavy spot so you need the add the weight 180 degs. Standing in front of the prop, the weight location is measured CCW from the sensor tape location.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:03 PM

Default Prop balancing

This Saturday will be the last opportunity for a courtesy prop balance for an indefinite period of time. Jim
Old 02-20-2019, 08:33 PM

Hi Jim
I would like to take you up on your prop balance offer. I'm available this Saturday and based at Chuck Hall.
Call or text

Pat
858-922-8056
Old 02-22-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jask View Post
I am doing free balancing of props for fellow RV owners at KRNM. Ramona, CA. Last one was typical, .31 ips initial to .04 in three runs. I even provide free AN hardware for the weights. Can't beat that deal. Nice to make friends on the forum. Owner removes cowl and takes readings. I set up sensors and tell you where the weights go. In the process, you learn exactly how to best use the dynavibe and learn how I do split weight calculations. Jim
Are you using my wife's spreadsheet? How's it working for you?
Exempt but paid
Old 11-29-2022, 01:37 PM

Default prop balancing formula

Quote:
They should probably explain the process in an operating manual but I looked at their website and they have no download. To calculate the weight from the polar chart, use the standard formula of ((hp/10) + 30))* IPS. Multiply that by the distance from crank center to sensor/distance from crank center to the location of the weight. Tradition is that the polar charts give the location of the heavy spot so you need the add the weight 180 degs. Standing in front of the prop, the weight location is measured CCW from the sensor tape location.
Jask - Thank you for the formula. Is the result produced in grams? I just did my first attempt (without any formula) by making additional adjustments based on measured change resulting from my initial adjustment. It was tedious but seems to have worked out OK. (.04) It would have been great to have this formula prior to starting the process. Thanks
Old 11-29-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I am doing free balancing of props for fellow RV owners at KRNM. Ramona, CA. Last one was typical, .31 ips initial to .04 in three runs. I even provide free AN hardware for the weights. Can't beat that deal. Nice to make friends on the forum. Owner removes cowl and takes readings. I set up sensors and tell you where the weights go. In the process, you learn exactly how to best use the dynavibe and learn how I do split weight calculations. Jim
We have had a few prop-balancing parties in the Boston area. They are never a disappointment and for those who haven't done the balancing act, you won't be disappointed. Almost like flying behind a turbine afterward.
New Superior IO-360-B1AC2 w/Hartzell Composite CS
RV8 - #83313 - Under Construction (sort of!)
Old 11-29-2022, 04:59 PM

Default Prop balancing

I still help balance props. Just text me at 760 443 3089