What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lemke Interior Arrived

ScottJ

My Lemke interior arrived last week and I had to see how it looked. In case others are curious here are the weights.
Seats and side panels: 13.6 Kg/30 lbs
Cockpit and baggage carpet: 2 Kg/4.4 lbs
Total shipping weight with packaging: 19.1 Kg/42.1 lbs

As others have stated Robert is awesome to work with. He responds to email very promptly, offers great design suggestions, and the product quality is very high.

Attachments

• F74CF36E-778F-4106-A514-E9D0159DD6B0.jpg
    F74CF36E-778F-4106-A514-E9D0159DD6B0.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 403
  • 07881682-8F51-428D-8D82-D632D0E18554.jpg
    07881682-8F51-428D-8D82-D632D0E18554.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 300
Same as mine - good choice! Have you installed it permanently? What did you use to fix the side panels to the fuselage?

No, I already removed and packed back up. I’m a long way from needing it. I assumed I’d use Velcro. Are others installing more permanently?

Excellent quality

I had Robert Lemke make me a complete new interior. Just installed it in the last few weeks. Excellent quality. Very very happy. Sure does a great job and looks fab in the plane. My 12 year old interior was pretty dead. Great update.

Last edited:
My kit came with a roll of Velcro but I have reservations about whether that’s really up to the job. I don’t want to go too permanent with something like contact adhesive. Anybody else got any experience?

Velcro working fine for me

I have been enjoying my Lemke interior for a couple of years now, having used the Velcro provided for installation. It has held up well through several removal and reinstall cycles. For those of you considering using Robert, I have had a great experience and highly recommend Lemke. This is also the time of year that I am glad I went with the heated option!

-Mitch

Attachments

• DFFE6DD3-4587-4856-870C-6E1BE3E2D136.jpg
    DFFE6DD3-4587-4856-870C-6E1BE3E2D136.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 279
I have the same in my RV9A the work by Lemke is excellent, Robert Lemke is a great guy to deal with and their prices are very attractive particularly for those of us on this side of the Atlantic.

I'm a big Lemke fan. The previous owner of my airplane had a saddle brown leather interior with contrasting stitching made, and it really revolutionized the look and feel of the aircraft.

In fact, it's almost TOO good. I keep a towel on the seat all the time because I'm afraid to stand on the leather with my shoes while entering or exiting the aircraft. #firstworldproblems

--Ron

Attachments

• IMG_1793.jpg
    IMG_1793.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1792.jpg
    IMG_1792.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 213
I used Robert as well and he’s a first class operator. Certainly some wait time but he completed the work on schedule and I’m delighted with the results…high recommendation :)

40-42 weeks

Ordered my -14 seats, panels and carpets yesterday. Robert currently anticipates a 40-42 week turnaround, then up to 3 weeks shipping.

ZMATT…. every vendor is 12 months out or more for several years now. Lemke my choice.

Not everyone is 12+ months out. I got my interior from DJ Lauriston (Cleveland Air Tool) in about 6 weeks. She does very good work. This is the second interior I’ve gotten from Cleveland tool. When I saw DJ at Oshkosh last summer, I asked her how long she would keep doing this (she’s been making RV interiors for a long time) she said that she would be continuing until her support staff that she has trained decided to hang it up, then she would retire. She’s still at it as far as I know. I got my interior for my RV6 in October.

Not everyone is 12+ months out. I got my interior from DJ Lauriston (Cleveland Air Tool) in about 6 weeks. She does very good work. This is the second interior I’ve gotten from Cleveland tool. When I saw DJ at Oshkosh last summer, I asked her how long she would keep doing this (she’s been making RV interiors for a long time) she said that she would be continuing until her support staff that she has trained decided to hang it up, then she would retire. She’s still at it as far as I know. I got my interior for my RV6 in October.

+1.
DJ did the interior in all three of my builds. The first is 20+ years old (8A) and the interior looks like the day I put it in.

Carl

Has anyone compared comfort levels between Lemke, Cleveland, Oregon Aero, Flightline? They all look fantastic - are any above the others in comfort? I know it’s dependent on the one sitting in the seat but has anyone tried two or more for comparison?

I have a used interior that was built on Van’s foam in the plane now and it’s “ok”. I had Oregon Aero in the -8 I built and it was truly magical. More comfortable than the chairs in my living room - but their prices and lead times are CRAZY now.

Back