What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Passive audio mixer

s24789

Well Known Member
Patron
I am wanting to combine Garmin GDL52 XM music (stereo) and Aera 660 alerts (stereo) using a passive mixer to the music input on a PS Engineering PDA360EX audio panel.

NOTE: I cannot get to the back of the audio panel without removing the panel.

I am looking for guidance as to the size of the resistors that must be installed prior to mixing on both channels. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

150 ohms in each leg should do the trick.
Done this many times.

After two inputs, you'd better off with an active mixer.
V

I am wanting to combine Garmin GDL52 XM music (stereo) and Aera 660 alerts (stereo) using a passive mixer to the music input on a PS Engineering PDA360EX audio panel.

NOTE: I cannot get to the back of the audio panel without removing the panel.

I am looking for guidance as to the size of the resistors that must be installed prior to mixing on both channels. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

150 ohms in each leg should do the trick.
Done this many times.

After two inputs, you'd better off with an active mixer.
V

Been doing what Vern posted for 20-years.

What Vern says....
Not sure about your exact audio panel capabilities, but if the music mutes when there are incoming transmissions, I'd try to turn that function off. You don't really want to miss adsb traffic calls just because someone is transmitting on the frequency. (It's better if you can get to the back and use an "un-switched" input for traffic calls, and have one less wire dangling on the front panel, but if it's really painful to get back there....)

Back