What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel drain and vent fairing PIREPs

Everwild

Well Known Member

Attachments

• IMG_4546__92118.jpg
    IMG_4546__92118.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I have 4 of the blue ones for the fuel vents and for the vents for my Earthx battery fire containment box, plus the two for the sumps.

Per the "fall off and hit someone" question - the blue ones wont fall off. They screw onto the usual blue tubing firewall pass through connector. As long as everything is tight, they will stick around.

The silver ones for the sumps are different - they clamp on with a set screw. So, yeah, enough vibration and they could maybe possibly come off. But some loctite likely fixes that.

Work fine

I have them on my -10 for main and aux tank vents. I have a set of sumps but ended up using the flush sump drains; kept having leaks with the standard CAV-110s.

I used them just to skip having to glue a piece of stainless mesh into a cutoff fitting. Seemed like a more elegant solution to supply positive pressure to the vent line while flying. No issues with the silver ones falling off yet either.

I have them, the fuel drains lock on tight with the collet/set screw setup. The only gripe is that you can’t pull down on a leaking fuel drain like you can with the exposed style.

Back