What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LANDOLL balancer. Aerobatic plate

Stewbronco

Well Known Member
Hi all ....anyone with LANDOLL balancer AND aerobatic plate ...could you please post / send some pictures of the install. Thanks. Stew

Hi all ....anyone with LANDOLL balancer AND aerobatic plate ...could you please post / send some pictures of the install. Thanks. Stew

This is all I have...... I goes in front of the starter ring and behind the balancer....

Attachments

• img769r.jpg
    img769r.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 89
Am I the only one that thinks these landoll balancers are snake oil? granted, the extra inertia can have some positive effect with a light weight prop, not to mention often beneficial CG considerations.

Well, as they say, YMMV. But, I've seen Mark Landoll's balance ring work first-hand (one is on my -6), and I've flown an -8 with the damper and wood prop on an O-360. No doubt in my mind they make a difference. Probably why not many of them show up for sale.

Balancer install

The balancer bolts to the flywheel, with 1/4" bolts, the nuts will be on the front side, or they will hit the starter. The plate attaches to the prop flange, and bolted to the balancer.
So the prop extension bolts go thru the plate then into the prop flange. Hope this helps.
I would use steel lock nuts on the balancer to flywheel bolts, double check clearance on both end of the bolts before first start up.

Back