What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Practice kit tools

Clecos

They don't list brand on the clecos. I would buy from one of the Aviation tool suppliers. Look for Wedgelock clecos. They have a slightly thicker center pin and hold tighter.

If you just want clecos for practice kit, I'll sell you ClecoLock used clecos for $.25 ea plus shipping. I have tons left from the build. Save you some money. Shoot me a PM.

Either buy used from people here like Wirejock; or, if you want new, buy a more complete kit. Piece-parting new won't save any money and the shipping will be (even more) outrageous. My $0.02

Starting to piece together tooling for my practice wing kit. Anyone have experience with this company, MRO ?

Thanks !

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0918RH5LX/?ref_=cm_wl_huc_item

I ordered two of these MRO cleco sets when I needed extra clecos faster than I would receive them from Cleaveland Aircraft Tool, who I ordered most of my clecos from. I received Kwik Lok clecos both times I ordered from MRO, which is what Cleaveland sells, but I guess there are no guarantees that you will receive the same brand because they don't specify a brand on the listing.

I like the black grip cleco pliers that come with the MRO set better than the blue grip cleco pliers that come from Cleaveland because the grips stay on the handles better. Not a big deal though.

Having said that, if you want to buy new, I'd recommend you purchase your clecos from Cleaveland because I think they will be cheaper (especially if you order a full kit from Cleaveland), and the Cleaveland folks will stand behind everything they sell and you can get them on the phone if you have any problems. There are some other good vendors you can find through the sponsor ads on VAF.

Last edited:
Pliers

Whichever pliers you buy, cut off the cheapo handle covers. Take them to an Auto Parts and buy some vacuum hose that fits. Much more comfortable for 50,000 cycles.
After about 20,000 it's fun when the daughter's boyfriend wants to shake your hand and you break his hand! Kidding of course. Or am I? :D

They don't list brand on the clecos. I would buy from one of the Aviation tool suppliers. Look for Wedgelock clecos. They have a slightly thicker center pin and hold tighter.

If you just want clecos for practice kit, I'll sell you ClecoLock used clecos for $.25 ea plus shipping. I have tons left from the build. Save you some money. Shoot me a PM.

PM message sent..

Back