What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airwolf Remote Oil Filter Photos

DRBuilder

Well Known Member
Does anyone have photos of the accessory case of an IO390 EXP where the Airwolf remote adapter is mounted? The instructions aren't very clear how to install the adapter and route the hoses. Which incidentally, are NOT included with the kit itself. I saw photos of the remote filter location in the lower left corner of the firewall. That is a PERFECT location. I just finished my Phase 1 and don't have the luxury of installing the remote adapter with the engine off of the airframe. Any photos of the adapter installed on the accessory case would be greatly appreciated! Also, does anyone have any recommendations where to purchase custom made hoses for the installation?

Does anyone have photos of the accessory case of an IO390 EXP where the Airwolf remote adapter is mounted? The instructions aren't very clear how to install the adapter and route the hoses. Which incidentally, are NOT included with the kit itself. I saw photos of the remote filter location in the lower left corner of the firewall. That is a PERFECT location. I just finished my Phase 1 and don't have the luxury of installing the remote adapter with the engine off of the airframe. Any photos of the adapter installed on the accessory case would be greatly appreciated! Also, does anyone have any recommendations where to purchase custom made hoses for the installation?

Aircraft Specialty: https://aircraftspecialty.com/rv-14.html
They are fantastic.

Adapter installed:

56658971740__C262DC39-22A1-4C93-AA86-E22FB58E9D66.jpg

Tom with TS Flightlines did the hoses - took some work to get it perfect because the fitting have to be clocked etc.

Installed filter with lines (lines not yet fully secured):

IMG_0367.jpg

Last edited:
Airwolf adapter

I switched to this adapter with much greater success.

Attachments

• AW1.JPG
    AW1.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 168
I switched to this adapter with much greater success.

Does that simply spin on like an oil filter? I didn't see any evidence of additional screws or bolts to connect to the oil filter housing....

I purchased the same adapter as the photos above. Yours looks MUCH easier to install. Can you reply with the Airwolf part number for the adapter? Thank you in advance!

Does that simply spin on like an oil filter? I didn't see any evidence of additional screws or bolts to connect to the oil filter housing....

I purchased the same adapter as the photos above. Yours looks MUCH easier to install. Can you reply with the Airwolf part number for the adapter? Thank you in advance!

I agree - installing the one I did was a pain. But having the oil filters easily accessible made it worthwhile.

Yes, it is a spin-on. I purchased here: https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/airwolffilter-lyc.php?clickkey=3891750

Part# 08-00038; MFR Model# AFC-K007-F is what I have in my records.

_Alex

Back