What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DPE in southeast Missouri

Kahle76

It seems like I usually do things in reverse order and pose unusual situations. I have started and paused many times my light sport instruction. Distractions. The current flight school that I’m using is having maintenance issues with their plane and it is booked most of the time. I’m currently working on the finish kit on our RV-12is and hope to finish in 18 months. I would like to finish my instruction in and take my practical in my RV. The problem is finding a DPE in the southeast Missouri area that will test in the RV. Plenty of CFIs will fly, but I’m unable to find a DPE. Any one know of one in the southeast Missouri and surrounding areas?

I'm in the same boat in my RV6 up in Troy. A few squawks on my first condition inspection coupled with the craziness of work has had me grounded for a few months, but now I'm flying again. I'll let you know if I find anybody in the STL metro if that's not too far for you. If you find anybody, let me know.

Thanks. I emailed Van’s and they don’t have a list. EAA hasn’t responded yet. Have friend by Springfield looking an another friend by Nashville also looking.

While this might not help you out until it is done I have recently found 2 DPEs where I live to do it. The first guy I happened to run into on a ramp and showed him my plane. The second I sent pictures, explained that I would be happy to fly up for him to look at it in person and even offered to de-cowl it. So moral of the story, I think they may be more likely to say yes if they see a nicely constructed one in person or pictures.

Back