What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO-360 IRAN Triad or Twin Aircraft experiences

AN23

Well Known Member
Well, as written yesterday, our IO-360 is going to gave to go out for IRAN after breaking two cylinder nuts one of which is a thru bolt. In the next week or so, I'm going to pull the engine, load it into my truck and take it to a shop for IRAN. It seems that my options are either Triad in Burlington, NC or Twin Aircraft in Newnan, GA. I'd love to hear of other's recommendation of either of these facilities. Please, let's keep this positive. Just a simple "I would recommend XXX" will generate the information I need. I just don't want this to turn into a place to publicly flog any of our aviation service facilities. Please PM me if you have had the misfortune of a bad experience at either of these locations. Thanks so much for your input. I will definitely use it to make my decision and I will report on my experience.

Last edited:
I had a loose intake pipe and I contacted Twin Aircraft Engines in Newnan. They drove to me 40 minutes away and did the swaging work in my hanger and the guy was super nice and knowledgeable and fairly priced I thought. I don't have engine building experience with them but if/when I do, I would contact them.

Triad is the go-to in my area

I'm an A&PIA for a living, and worked in the Triad area as its known(Greensboro/Winston-Slaem&Highpoint) for over 40 years...Triad or H&H as its usually referred to has always been the go-to place for engine repairs, overhauls and parts. Othman Rashed (president) is a legend in the area for knowledge of engines and props.

I’m based at CCO and have used Twin Aircraft Engines a few times. Never for an engine overhaul but for a couple cylinders and most recently for a TCM starter drive adapter overhaul. I can’t say enough good about them. Quality work from conscientious folks. I have a couple buddies that have a few very active rental planes. They also use Twin Aircraft Engines and are happy with their service.

Triad

My wife and I ran a flight training and rental fleet of 5 airplanes in the 80s and 90s. We have had two 0-320s and an IO-360 ff overhauled at Triad and had very good experience with the work. I would highly recommend them.
Ed

Twins formally Graham Aircraft Engine

Both Andrew and Bryan at Twin Aircraft Engines (TAE) are really good people, good mechanics, and they do good work. Earl (Graham Aircraft Engines) trained them well. I recently had them do a cylinder and have traded with them on other items in past. They have great attitudes and that goes a long way with me, of course being a good engine man is important too.

Good luck on your project!

Back