What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

oil hoses back-order

prkaye

Well Known Member
My newly repaired engine is about to ship back to me from Aero Sport. I had significant metal contamination in my oil, so i want to replace my oil hoses (i'm also replacing the oil cooler). I just saw on Vans' site that the VA-134-1 and VA-135-1 hoses are on back-order. Depending on how long the back-order is, this could delay me getting back in the air. Considering options...
1) are there any other suppliers of equivalent hoses?
2) does anybody here have these hoses that you don't need immediately that i could buy from you?
3) is there a reliable way i could flush and clean contaminants out of my old hoses and safely re-use them?
Thanks for any advice!
Phil

Hi All---Thank you very much from the staff at Aircraft Specialty Flightlines.
YES---Vans has them on order and should have stock shortly----Steve handles that department. Doesnt matter---we still build YOUR hose assemblies!! Just let us know, and we'll get them to you.

Tom and Steve

Good to hear that Tom's on it. I've been shamed (rightfully) into replacing all my gas and oil hoses since it's been several years since I installed them. I won't say how many years, but I have to kick off at least one shoe to count. Going to pull them all off at my annual this month, measure them, and have Tom make me a new set of the Teflon hoses I've heard so much about.

He already supplied my brake line hoses. Perfect fit. Quality stuff.

Tom TSFlightLines hoses.

I just replaced all of them firewall forward on my RV6. I sent my old ones via Priority Mail from Oregon to SC and Tom made new Teflon Fire sleeved hoses in record time & mailed them back. Priority Mail was very fast at 4 days.
Great guy to talk to & work with & produces a high quality product.

Back