What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionics Mounting Center Column

BOHICA

Well Known Member
So I am working on mounting my GMA 245 into the center column and the racks supplied by Garmin are narrower than the space provided by Van's in the center column. Looking to find out what folks have done to fill gap between Garmin rack and the instrument Panel Stand-Offs (F-0194-L/R)?

I suggest you use this to your advantage. Do not hard mount the trays into the RV-14. Hard mount the trays to the panel, add a cantilever angle on each side to support the tray assembly. Add a couple of D connectors and now you can remove the entire tray assembly to work the trays on the bench.

The rule: Never on your back with your head under the panel.

Carl

I suggest you use this to your advantage. Do not hard mount the trays into the RV-14. Hard mount the trays to the panel, add a cantilever angle on each side to support the tray assembly. Add a couple of D connectors and now you can remove the entire tray assembly to work the trays on the bench.

The rule: Never on your back with your head under the panel.

Carl

Sounds interesting. Do you have any pics of this?

I'm interested in pics of this too. Just got my panel and I have a GMA245 that is my only piece in the center stack that has a rack. Trying to figure out the mounting for it.

Back