What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us a picture of your FINISHED RV-6/6A!

...with dual controls for training.

The best,

This one is the 300th 802 delivered new last year from Airtractor and was a huge milestone for the Airtractor company with much fan fair and media at the time!. This one doesn't have dual controls but one of our others does. We use them for fire fighting and spraying here in Western Australia and also ferry them to Europe for a fire contract we have there. The second seat is used to carry a language interpreter when on contract in southern Europe. Those guys don't speak English which makes for some very interesting days!!

Cheers
Graham

Two of my favorite airplanes... :)

btw, Graham - I think we're up to S/N 0350 now on the 802 line...

Cheers,

Yes, there selling like hot cakes! We just took delivery of another new one 2 weeks ago. This one has the "F" engine fitted, 400 more ponies up front. Should be a blast to fly in the mountains....

How 'bout adding 6664 lbs to the airplane in 15 seconds!!??

The 'Fireboss' is an AT 802 equipped with Wipaire amphibious floats with a scoop that packs in 800 gallons from a lake or river in 15 seconds:eek:, while on the 'step' with foam agent automatically added!

Engineering marvel,

My second flying RV. One day I will get a chance to build my own, but until then I will enjoy flying them....
Reassembled awaiting blastoff after 2 months at sea...
img33086994074.jpg

IO-320 with CS prop and Day night VFR panel...

Just come out of the paint shop. no1 seemed to like the SKULK as my kids dubbed it.

img4728xd.jpg

Last edited:
So Mr. Brink

Just come out of the paint shop. no1 seemed to like the SKULK as my kids dubbed it.

img4728xd.jpg

That sure is looking good!

I am building an RV6 and I am planning on putting in and IO-320 also.

I would like to know what model engine and prop you have, with what extra's also.

You do know that we have more in common than just RV6's;)

This RV6 was originally built by Reed Smith of Maryland. He did an excellent job and I am enjoying the plane immensely.

SteveNyman017.jpg

RV-6 on the compass rose

A couple of days ago after an evening flight, pretty sky, so stopped for a photo on the way back to the hangar...

RV-6HDR03.jpg

The O-360 A1D engine is back together and is just about ready for the test run this week at Lycon of AZ. Hope to hang it on the RV-6a this weekend. Been a long time coming.

engine%20001.jpg

RV-6

Milk Money: N998DH based out of Ontario, OR, but borrowed by me (daughter of builder) often. Shown here in HII

29902_722676732986_11503925_4080870.jpg

Last edited:
Great parents!!

Milk Money: N998DH based out of Ontario, OR, but borrowed by me (daughter of builder) often. Shown here in HII

29902_722676732986_11503925_4080870.jpg

Christina,

That's some fine parents you've got there, set you up with a great looking RV-6. I actually got to meet your folks last night. Your folks showed me their flying airplanes and the Ceebee project. They also mentioned their fantastic daughter, who has become quite the tailwheel pilot:D It was a pleasure to meet them. Blue Skys:cool:

Glad you got to meet them. Hopefully soon we'll have a grass strip next to our new house being built.

Have a good trip in Canada

N196RV was built by Robert Sipes of Silverdale, Washington in 1996. Two owners later (January 2010) I bought it and I am having a blast with "Tweety."

IMG_9439.JPG

IMG_9432.JPG

IMG_9466.jpg

IMG_9469.jpg

new to me

MyNewN16RK.jpg

Built by Ralph Koger in 1995. Just arrived in Springfield, VT with a little over 400 hours on her. Looking forward to flying her as soon as I can get some transition training from Jan Bussell in Florida.

The X...

After 10 years I finally finished my "RVX" project! This is a hybrid I built from church donated RV4 wings and tail and a 6A fuselage converted to "standard" configuration. I also used RV4 gear legs, 380X150X5 tires, airboat racing 0-320, MT fixed pitch and kept it light. 945 lbs and it flies like a RV3! It's lighter in pitch and roll than my HR2 and reminds me of my RV4 I finished back in 97, FUN! I borrowed the paint scheme from an MAF Kodiak!

Rob "Smokey" Ray
HR2
RVX

PS: Woo Hoo!

Last edited:
"7 Smokey Ray" looks great Rob! I'll bet its fun! Man, you're filling the Swamp with cool airplanes...gotta get to FL and visit! Nice work!

Cheers,
Bob

X marks the spot

Thanks Don/Bob,

Appreciate the kind words, I too wanted to call it an RV-5 but it turns out Van built one and the pieces are in the rafters of his hangar. Oh well:)

Smokey

Hybrid

After 10 years I finally finished my "RVX" project! This is a hybrid I built from church donated RV4 wings and tail. I also used RV4 gear legs, 380X150X5 tires, airboat racing 0-320, MT fixed pitch and kept it light. 945 lbs and it flies like a RV3!

Rob "Smokey" Ray
HR2
RVX

Smokey,

I sure would like to learn details on how you did this.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Night Time in the Hangar

In the Cambridge Valley Flying Club hangar at Chapin Field, 1B8 NY

RV-6 with Cub, Champ under restoration and part built Pietenpol to the right.

Jim Sharkey
RV-6

Bought this one a couple of years ago flying. Gave it new clothing last year. Next is a panel upgrade. Finished my PPL and test ride in it.
I was a saved from buying a spam can by now a good friend. Came with a O-320_H2AD and fixed pitch wood prop.
Now has O-360-A1A with Hartzell constant speed. Yeeehaaw! Great performer!!
Love every minute of flying it. Been to Reno for the air races, and Whitehorse for something to do.
IMG00033-20100423-1422.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a photo of our RV-6A "Esperanza"

Completed in 2006. Co-builders/owners LeRoy Johnston and David White. Based in Marysville, OH (KMRT). Full IFR with classic six pack, G-430, S-Tec 30 a/p with altitude hold, standby electric AI, wet vaccum pump, 0-360 A1A with Hartzel blended airfoil CS prop. 430+ hours. Has the tall tail with counterbalanced rudder. Photo:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2n7kpcw.jpg

RV-6A in Argentina

Dear All:
Here is a picture of the LV-X429 at San Fernando Airport (Buenos Aires, Argentina). This super built aircraft previously constructed and owned by Keith from Oregon is flying the skies at 38 South Latitude her new home.

http://aero1.com.ar/vansrv6a.jpg
Regards,
Maximo.

Van's December, 2011 Playmate

Here is another pic of N100NT now owned by Roger Hirschbein and Myra Bugbee.
219ntr4.jpg

Lot of great looking RVs out there!

Kind of new on the forum so... here's the one I just bought. 2010 RV-6A - 180HP.

If you guys come up to Quebec one day, let me know !

VansJean.jpg

VH-SOL

VH-SOL, an RV-6 with an O-320 and a Sensenich FP prop, built by Ivan Salisbury in Western Australia, now hangared at Parafield, South Australia.

vhsol.jpg

First flight in it was to ferry it back from its old home, 1253 nm away.

Made overnight stops at Kalgoorlie and Ceduna. My refuelling stop at the airport at Forrest would easily be one of the most isolated places I've ever been, inaccessible by road, only able to be reached by rail or air.

Crossing the Nullabor Plain has always been one of my "Bucket List" items; to do it in my own plane was just putting the cherry on top.

img1055h.jpg
img1056on.jpg

i am posting this for kevin. new with 100 hrs he finally got er done. nice day at LoPresti flyin in sebastian florida. 1st saturday of the month. good food and speakers. see you in the pattern again.

Hi all! First post here, just saying hi. Now under its third owner, here is mine. Used to own a 152, needless to say, I'm having fun. :)

1_s.jpg

Hi.

Welcome to VAF Matt.

That's an interesting landing light...large, and the top of the lens appears painted.

Best,

RV-6A

Just had some pics taken by a buddy who is a photographer (Jason Abney Photography).. this is the first one he sent me..
brianrv6a.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all! First post here, just saying hi. Now under its third owner, here is mine. Used to own a 152, needless to say, I'm having fun. :)

1_s.jpg

Matt,

Welcome. Come by hangar 40 some time. We have good active group of RVers at HWY.

Regards
Rick McBride
RV-8

Hey Brian, what is that bulge on the cowling, below the right side air intake?
Never seen it before...:confused:

Last edited:
(snip) .......Hey Brian, what is that bulge on the cowling, below the right side air intake?
Never seen it before...:confused:

I have a similar "bulge" on my purchased -6.
It is to make room for a large alternator pulley on a fairly large electro-systems aviation alternator.
The newer smaller alternators fit without the bulge.

Back