What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cowl Blanket, Canopy Cover

StuBob

Well Known Member
Beating the Fall rush, I'm looking to buy a cowl blanket and canopy cover for my RV7. Searching here, there's talk of a couple of companies that no longer exist and a couple more options (Van's, Cleaveland) that no longer sell covers.

Other than that, I have only found Bruce's, which are really nice IME but they're awfully expensive, and MAC's, which doesn't show any cowl covers on the website.

I need an insulated cowl blanket for keeping the engine warm for several hours in, say, the 20's and above, and a (sliding) canopy cover for occasional rainstorms on the ramp when away from home.

I need cowl plugs, too, but that should be easier to figure out -- maybe even DIY.

Thanks, VAF!

I would give serious consideration to buying a horse blanket. My wife has horses so no shortage of them around here. They fit really well.

I have moving blankets and a comforter (with the Teddy Grahams logo on it, no less), and they’re great for preheating in the hangar. The comforter is soft and smooth — good for the canopy indoors.

But do people really use these solutions on a cold, windy, rainy ramp?

Back