What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Heater box

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Is a heater box included in the firewall forward kit?
If so is it aluminum or stainless?

Hey Webb.

I want to say that the heater box is not included, but that memory is a bit fuzzy so don't take that to the bank.

Regardless, you can get them in either steel or aluminum, so make sure you know what you're getting.

The one I ended up using was the steel triangular one that you can actuate from the cold side so you don't have to punch another hole in the firewall to get a cable out there. I believe I got it from Spruce.

the best heater box made says u-haul on it, and you move to where you can fly year round in shorts and a tee shirt. :D

Is a heater box included in the firewall forward kit?
If so is it aluminum or stainless?

Yes, aluminum. I can't figure why they bother. Most builders toss them.
I also used a stainless one from Spruce but the control is in the firewall side.

Finish kit

Before I ordered my finish kit about two years ago, I asked for a list of what was in it. I deleted the items I didn't want/need and then told them what I needed. Some of the items I already ordered separately before I was ready for the finish kit. The heater was one of those items. Replaced it with a SS kit from Spruce.

Back