What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wire Harness Planning

Pdp7427

I’m reading and learning and found an online tool for layout and planning. I have no connection to this at all but wanted to ask if anyone has used it. It appears that it will allow for some wonderfully detailed planning and result in fantastic documentation for what will go into the plane (or whatever you’re planning).

I have to sit and play with this a little bit but wanted to see if the brain trust had any hands on time with this tool. I’m won’t post the link to it, but search the internet for Wirely Harness. The tool is free to use online, and if no one has anything to repeat about it I’ll do so here once im able to dedicate some time to checking it out. I really like the idea of solid documentation for my -10… this might be the ticket.

WOW Thanks for the pointer to that tool. I just took a quick look and that looks great. It is here: https://wirely-harness.com/

I am building a 14, and have been using Vans diagrams which got me to 90%. I am not sure I am going to have such a detailed diagram for each connector beyond what is already in the Garmin documentation as I am unclear when I would ever use it other than I guess troubleshooting at a low level but then again everything is labeled.

I wonder if this tool does the overall diagram too or if it is just point to point harnesses.

I have used Librecad and Kicad as well and that might do the trick for you too.

Back