What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DAR or FSDO in Phoenix, AZ area

tcoverst

The time has finally come to seek an airworthiness certificate!
I called the local MIDO and FSDO and was unable to get answers to my questions, so I thought maybe someone on forums might have a recent experience that would help.
1. Has anyone near Phoenix recently used the FSDO/MIDO for their inspection? If so, how long was the lead time for your inspection?
2. Has anyone used a DAR they would recommend for inspection in the Phoenix area?
3. Do I schedule with the DAR first or turn in my online AWC application first? I have the EAA kit to help with that process but still feel uncertain about which step comes first.
Any other tips for this stage of paperwork that would be helpful? I'm trying to hope I can make Oshkosh but time is dwindling and inspection timing is the great wild card!

Thanks for any info you may have in replies or DMs.
Tim

The time has finally come to seek an airworthiness certificate!
I called the local MIDO and FSDO and was unable to get answers to my questions, so I thought maybe someone on forums might have a recent experience that would help.
1. Has anyone near Phoenix recently used the FSDO/MIDO for their inspection? If so, how long was the lead time for your inspection?
I thought about it but decided to go with a local DAR.
2. Has anyone used a DAR they would recommend for inspection in the Phoenix area?
Ted DeSantis (DAR-F) out of Mesa. He's recently done an RV-14 and 7.
3. Do I schedule with the DAR first or turn in my online AWC application first? I have the EAA kit to help with that process but still feel uncertain about which step comes first.
Your first action is to get the aircraft registered with the FAA. This is not the AWC, just registered so an N# can be assigned to the aircraft. Everything else follows that when completed. If you haven't done this yet it took mine 2 weeks to get done.
Any other tips for this stage of paperwork that would be helpful?
Get with the DAR (if you're going that route) as soon as you can. They are quite helpful in navigating the required paperwork and online submissions. There are fees for the DAR as opposed to free from the FSDO. The DAR will double check everything to help correct mistakes before submitting.
I'm trying to hope I can make Oshkosh but time is dwindling and inspection timing is the great wild card!
I am too but I doubt I'll make it. My first engine start soon. I still have the 9-5 gig and don't think I'll finish phase I in time.

Thanks Carlos

Thanks Carlos. I do have the plane registered with the FAA, so the DAR is the next step. I appreciate the contact info and answers you gave me. I am worried that I will run out of time on Phase I before Oshkosh as well - but might as well keep moving forward and see how it ends up. Thanks again.
Tim

Back