What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

vans web order turnaround time?

prkaye

Well Known Member
What are people experiencing these days in terms of how long it takes for Vans to ship small parts orders? I remember when i was building (over a decade ago) it was amazing... i would put an order in on a Sunday night and it would sometimes arrive on Tues morning... and I'm in Canada!
I'm doing a big engine repair and last Wed I put an order in for a new oil cooler and a few parts that were all showing as in-stock. As of today, Sunday, the order is still showing as Pending. Is this typical for web-orders these days?

My order was filled in about 3 business days in the past few weeks, so you should be seeing movement soon would be my guess.

Thanks Brian, good to know. I'm starting to feel old now, talking about "the good ol' days, when Vans would ship your order within 12 hours of recieveing it"!

I always choose Priority Mail shipping and put a note to please expedite and they will ship the same day if the order is placed by noon or so their time, otherwise the next business day. I think if you go with regular mail then they will take a few days to ship.

I suspect it depends on what you are ordering. I ordered a cowling, baffle kit, & FAB a couple months ago and it shipped 3 weeks later. I ordered a starter and misc hardware a week ago and it shipped in 4 business days.

While I'm the impatient type, I think that's pretty good for the largest aircraft manufacturer on the planet and still with reasonable prices.

Back