What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bucking help - Trading time

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I’m sure there are other builders out there that would gladly trade time with another builder that needs help now and they need help later.

I’ve run into a snag and my friends that can hep have limited time. As every knows there are is some riveting that takes a party of two.

In my case, I have one bottom wing skin left to do and ready now and fuselage skins in a few weeks.

It would build a friendship and each would benefit from each other’s knowledge. And the helper would have knowledge of metal skills.

The closer geographically would be better.

My helper is my guest and would stay at my home and they would eat and drink like a king.

I’m in Jackson, MS. Any interested?

I’ll be at KAPF from the May 4th to the 7th. Love to see your Swearingen.

Since I have a condo there, it’s a good excuse to go.

What help do you need?

Last edited:
The entire build. It's currently a bunch of sheet metal. I was kidding, it's a major project. I'm at KIMM, hangar A9, there almost every afternoon.

I met Jake today. He is starting a RV-8 and has a new to him empanage that only has the HS built.

I taught him how to buck skin rivets and we finished the last bottom skin I needed help on.

He had lots of questions which I was glad to help with. There is a great deal deal of satisfaction taking someone under your wing and helping them.

Half of our time was education for him.

He will do very well and caught on rapidly. As soon as he drill matches the other empanage parts, he will be coming over to use my DRD2

We will also get the HS ready for the SB parts so he can rivet in when it arrives.

Today was a great day. I met a new friend, finished the wing skins, and helped a new builder.

Trading time is a good thing. What was done today couldn’t be done solo. When Jake needs help with wing skins, I’ll be there.

Back