What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EarthX Thermal battery box install

Lucmac

https://earthxbatteries.com/product/bb-th-thermal-battery-box-e-case/

Anyone have install pictures of the EarthX thermal battery box. Looks like none of the box’s vertical holes will line up with the pre drilled firewall holes. Anyone use this box and were you able to tie it into existing firewall support agles with nut plates? Did you just dimple and install AN426 rivets to plug the pre drilled battery box holes?

I’d also like to see pictures of the blast cooling tube install if you did that as well. Just curious how much room there is in that area for moving the box around a bit if needed.

I'm not at the hangar so these are (not great) pictures taken during the build.
I recall using some of the original battery box holes but as you mentionned, not all align.
I drilled what was needed through the firewall in the support angles and fixed the box with AN-3 bolts.
The blast tube just sits above the battery, held in place by lacing.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_5965.jpg
    IMG_5965.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6904.jpg
    IMG_6904.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 82
I'm not at the hangar so these are (not great) pictures taken during the build.
I recall using some of the original battery box holes but as you mentionned, not all align.
I drilled what was needed through the firewall in the support angles and fixed the box with AN-3 bolts.
The blast tube just sits above the battery, held in place by lacing.
Hope this helps.

Thanks. Is that a 14 or 8 firewall?

Earth-X Battery

If you are installing the 900 series you don't need a custom battery box - it will fit in the stock box used for the PC680. Actually you just need a couple spacers at the end as its a bit smaller in length.

Back