What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trips I want to take - Hangar\House Swap?

steve murray

Well Known Member
My wife & I are retired and would like to use the RV to venture out more. This may sound like a crazy idea, but would like to explore swapping houses\hangars\cars with some other RVer's for a week or two.

There are some security\trust pitfalls with this idea but would like to explore it a bit more.

(I have yet to have a bad or dishonest experience with other airplane folks so I may be a bit naive)

My wife & I really do like exploring other areas without the hassle of hotels, rental cars etc.... I live in the western part of NC, based at 0A7. I do not have any specific timing in mind nor locations, earliest time would probably be mid-fall.

If you think you may be interested in swapping houses\hangars and a car for 1- 2 weeks, send me a PM and let's discuss.

If anyone has done this before and has ideas or concerns these would be appreciated.

Interesting idea, Steve. And it would be moreso for me if you lived at the beach!

We love shuttling to the beach in the RV for an impromptu getaway on a moment's notice, and we live in an area similar to yours that offers mountain/river beauty and an airstrip in the back yard. One day soon we will be sticking our toes in the waters of VRBO/AirBnB as hosts. A venue swap would offer some really cool options, for sure.

Trading spaces

I love the idea but would have to discuss with Sweetie

Attachments

• 20190122_120316.jpg
    20190122_120316.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Back