What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Service loop critique

Steve Crewdog

Well Known Member
Patron
(doing my best Peter Falk/Columbo impersonation) "Just one more thing, please, just one more question..."

Service loops for my grounds, the orange thingys are Nite Ize gear ties I'm using to hold them in place temporarily, if it all works I'll be using either lacing cord or a tiewrap.

Attachments

• service loop.jpg
    service loop.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 297
  • service loop2.jpg
    service loop2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 284
  • service loop3.jpg
    service loop3.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
In the third picture (at the bottom), there are three connectors that are bent so the wire can make a 180* change of direction over the top of the terminal strip.
You can put two connectors on the same screw, so those three can come off the terminal strip in the direction that the wire is headed.
Otherwise, you could lay them flat and route them around the left side of the terminal block, and bundle them to those white wires coming off the upper terminal strip.

Thanks David. The upper strip is a ground block, the lower is a single power buss divided into 2 sections, right side is dedicated to the Skyview system, left side is for misc low amperage systems that all add up to less than 3w of power draw.

I hate running stuff up and over, so stacking them makes a nicer install and is a good idea.

Back