What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

20th dog flown for Pilots n Paws

FlyingBliss

I reached my 20th dog milestone for Pilots n Paws rescue missions in my RV-10 on Tuesday with a flight of 3 dogs from a kill shelter in NC. Flew them from Winston-Salem NC (KINT) to Lebanon Municipal Airport in NH (KLEB) to drop off 1 dog and then flew the remaining two dogs (in attached photo), #19 and #20, to Morrisville-Stowe State Airport in VT (KMVL). If you haven’t flown a rescue mission for PnP in your RV you should give it a try. Very rewarding.

Attachments

• 4D9A15C6-5750-4773-87C1-9B67B20968F4.jpeg
    4D9A15C6-5750-4773-87C1-9B67B20968F4.jpeg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 260
Very cool, Ryan.
Can you give details of your setup in the -10 for flying dogs?

Thanks!

Pretty simple. I take the backseats out and replace them with two medium size dog crates which can fit dogs up to about 55 lbs. For my last trip I also put a small crate in the baggage compartment for a 20 lb. dog. The small crate in the baggage compartment is VERY tight but it got the job done.

Below is a short iPhone video of my setup from a flight back in March when I transported 4 puppies to PA.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Mrb1InMek04?feature=share

This video may actually show the crate setup in our -10 a little better than the above video. This was our first PnP rescue mission last June (Stewie and Allison). One thing that we’ve changed recently is that I’ve purchased a few sound absorbing acoustic blankets to put around the dog crates to reduce noise for the flights. This seems to help them to be more comfortable during the flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHAtHAuYKnI

Last edited:
I've been told "when pigs fly". Help a fella out here...

I’ve flown several PNP missions & had 1 occasion to fly a pig. No way! I turned down that mission, but was offered one to fly turtles from FL to Penn State. We couldn’t settle on a date.
Kudos to you on getting 20. Very rewarding.

Back