What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sioux drills

nohoflyer

Well Known Member
Patron
I lost the Chuck key to my drill and contacted customer service at Sioux. Turns out they were bought by snapon and don’t make the keys anymore. Now I have to find some random place for a replacement.

Chuck Key

Or if you're in the military...Key, Chuck :)

I'd start with a call to Mike at Cleaveland Tool. Nice folks and quality stuff.

Looks like a good bet and cheap insurance since if you have an extra you'll never lose the original. Murphy's law of tools.
The OP will need to check what model # he has.

Yea I’ve been on the road and have had no access to my shop to check the serial number.

First place i checked was Cleveland cause that’s who sold it to me but they are out of the Sioux drill business. Strangely they could not provide me with the details of the drill, which was part of their RV starter kit.

Recognizing that there are several models/sizes of Sioux drills, here is the info off of mine.

The drill: SDR4P60N2
The Chuck: F6.5LBA
THD 3/8-24
Note, it is a 1/4” chuck

The chuck key: K7

If you google K7 chuck key, you will get plenty of hits.

One other thought, Brown Tool is a Sioux dealer.

Keyless Chuck

I replaced mine with a keyless chuck. The chuck is just threaded on. I chucked up an adapter so I could hit it with my impact. Chuck came right off and the new keyless chuck threaded right on. I don't remember where I got mine, but I do remember calling Sioux tech support and they were very helpful.

I found it - this is the one I have.
https://www.yardstore.com/jacobs-keyless-chuck-jak8

By the way - I have the Sioux Model 1412, but the Jacobs chuck will fit any drill with a 3/8"-24 thread (except the reversible variety - you'll spin the chuck off in reverse).

Last edited:
I second the Yardstore. I had a key that somehow got thrown across the hangar never to be found again. I bought a couple from the Yardstore.

Back