What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need a DPE near Jacksonville Florida who isn’t afraid of RVs

Mdragon

As the title suggests, I need to find a flight examiner to do my check ride with.
Thus far, the ones I have contacted are giving me the cold shoulder when they find out I want to do my check ride in the RV9A.

Anyone know of someone who can do this? Looking to complete my PPL to be clear.

As the title suggests, I need to find a flight examiner to do my check ride with.
Thus far, the ones I have contacted are giving me the cold shoulder when they find out I want to do my check ride in the RV9A.

It might be easier to just get checked out in a rental 172 at a school, then use that for the exam. You don't need to do your flight test in any particular airplane, you just need to pass it.

It might be easier to just get checked out in a rental 172 at a school, then use that for the exam. You don't need to do your flight test in any particular airplane, you just need to pass it.

That may be the route I go, though I would rather fly my plane that I always fly than a rental 172.

I figured people would be excited to fly in an RV rather than a spam can, but not so much.

Have you tried Jay Lawrence based in St. Augustine? I think his number is 904-826-1735 but not sure. :cool:

Chuck Brown at KGIF was happy to ride in my -10 for a check ride. Contact Jack Brown Seaplane base and they will get you in touch with his schedule.

Kyle Pack in Orlando. He owns a 6 and is a DPE.

DPE

How was Troy at X35, i have heard great things and just wanted some feedback. I have my Instrument checkride in my 9A with him next week, excited. Thanks!

Back