What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

QB RV7A IO360 B1E

Bellyj

I'm New Here
Hi All,
I’m a complete novice and I’m building a QB7A. Ive got the Finishing Kit and was planning on a new IO360 M1B horizontal Induction engine and VP prop. I’ve been offered a 1000hr IO360 B1E which would save me many $$’s. Assuming the engine is sound, what would i need to consider for this engine to be a good alternative power plant? I understand that they use the same Dynofocal mounts but the B1E has a rear mounted fuel servo instead of a front mounted one. Is it possible or easy to change the sump to a front facing type and could the same servo be used? I have the horizontal intake style cowling so don’t really want to change to a vertical intake.
Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Jason

New oil sump

Yes, you can change to a forward facing sump and it´s possible to use
the same fuel servo. To be able to save $, you have to be sure the engine
is in good condition. Get a A/P have a look att the engine and the paperwork.

Good luck.

New intake/sump

Yes, that’d be an easy swap to change it out to a forward facing intake/sump. I’m not sure how much of a hurry you’re in, but I have a brand new one that’ll be coming off of my 390 in the near future that I’ll sell to you. I’m installing a cold air intake so I won’t be needing the stock intake/sump. You can send me a PM if it’s something you may be interested in.

Back