What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aircraft Extras side panels?

dvalle

Well Known Member
Anyone install these that might be willing to write me a note explaining what process works?

They are so big they won't fit inside the plane at all to mark up for sizing:-(

Thanks

Trim small amounts slowly to get it to fit. Maybe use a template to help cut to ball park size. I wouldn’t go that route again. There are better fitting sidewalls . Classic Aero produce good product, without all the hassle and time of trimming to size.

Darn, wish I had known. These are a real pain. A cardboard template is even a battle. How much could you flex them wo breaking or kinking? What did you use to cut them?

Poster board, not cardboard

When I am shaping something complex like this I use poster board (I think its called Bristol board still in some places). Basically really thick paper stock. This lets you press it into place at the sharp bends and make cuts in place.

I’m also looking to purchase this side panel because I already have the matching leather stock from when I did my seats. And frankly this is the only molded panel I see available.

Just wondering how yours progressed.

Back