What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help: Hangar Space in Charlotte

ntspdy

I recently found out my job is transferring me to Charlotte, NC and I’ve been on the hunt for hangar space. Seems like the Charlotte area suffers from the same problem the rest of the country has and the wait list for a spot is years long. I’m looking for any advice or info anyone may have regarding hangars or at least covered parking in the Charlotte area. I’ve called all the airports in the area and got my name on the list for what that’s worth. The folks at Rock Hill mentioned there were a bunch of private hangars with some RV guys around, would anyone here be part of that crew and have a lead on a spot? Thanks in advance for any info.

IPJ has a guy building some common hangars around the first of the year. Hangar lists around here are ridiculous.

Good luck! :eek: :mad: All of the county owned airports are full with decades long waiting lists. Bradford Field is grass in Concord and has a good community, you could also build a nice house with hangar at Long Island Airpark on Lake Norman.

FYI - EAA Chapter 309 is very active with lots of builds and weekly meetings.

What side of CLT will you be living?

I've worked in CLT (work in GSO now)but live 85 miles north, made the commute. CLT is a Big spread out area, and if your moving north of the city, 8A7 (Advance NC)where I have my RV-4 has quite a few open front hangars available, and has a waiting list for closed hangers which has had some recent turn over. Not sure how long the list is now, but I can check. May be an option to at least get you in the state. Its a " less polished", but friendly fun little airport out in the country. I live right next to it, and there are several RV's there. Occasionally, some hangar neighbors can accommodate a partner for short periods.

Do you have a specific location you plan on living in the Charlotte area? If you will be North of town PM me.

Hanger space

Goose Creek 28A has ramp tie down space available but the hangers have a waiting list. I was in Bradfords NC05 a few weeks ago and there were some empty shadeports. Might want to reach out to them. Good luck in your search.

Back