What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Raleigh area relocation

YellowJacket RV9

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi all -

I am going to be moving to the Triangle are in February and researching places to keep the RV. As expected, no public airport within 1.5 hours of Raleigh has immediate hangar space, so right now I am on about 6 waitlists, with no telling when something will pop up. It is looking like I will need to tie down outside for a while, probably at Raleigh Exec, which still leaves me with a hangar full of tools and equipment that need storage.

I will make it work one way or another, but if there is anybody local that may know of some options I am not aware of, like private hangars for sale or lease, I'd love to hear about them.

As another option, if you happen to have hangar space and want to build an RV, how about free access to every tool you could possibly need in exchange for storing my RV for a while? Just a thought...

Thanks

Chris

Hangar Space

No idea if they have space and it may be a little farther than you want to go but Southeast Greensboro (3A4) is often overlooked.

8NC8

Try 8NC8 it’s a private grass strip due North of RDU it was recently purchased by a couple of guys to save it from falling victim of development. It’s got a fair bit of activity but I’am quit sure that they would like some more

TTA

Consider Raleigh Exec, TTA, just south of the city. There's a lot of RVs there and a lot of activity. I have a friend based at TTA if you need more information from someone one with a hangar there (send me a message and I can pass his info).

Good to hear 8NC8 is being kept alive and glad to hear actiivty is picking up there.

Consider Raleigh Exec, TTA, just south of the city. There's a lot of RVs there and a lot of activity. I have a friend based at TTA if you need more information from someone one with a hangar there (send me a message and I can pass his info).

Good to hear 8NC8 is being kept alive and glad to hear actiivty is picking up there.

Thanks, I am on the waiting list at TTA which would probably be my first choice. I may end up tied down there until one is available. Have been spoiled a long time with a hangar full of tools (and fridge, and couch, etc...) at my disposal but I will make it work if needed.

Chris

Thanks, I am on the waiting list at TTA which would probably be my first choice. I may end up tied down there until one is available. Have been spoiled a long time with a hangar full of tools (and fridge, and couch, etc...) at my disposal but I will make it work if needed.

Does TTA, or any of the other options, have community hangar space available? Not exactly an ideal place for your tools and hangar rash is an almost certainty but at least your RV will be inside out of the elements.

Generally the big-box hangar options I have found tend to be pricey. My plan right now is to to tie-down at TTA where they told me that would give me priority on the hangar wait list. I am also on several other lists in the area so will probably take whatever comes up first within reason. Will use some of the money saved on hangar rent for a heavy-duty cover and gust-locks. Hopefully I can find a home before condition inspection time in April. Thanks!

Chris

Back