What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Appareo esg install cost

hawker

Looking to get the Appareo esg adsb out or the Garmin 335 for $3,000 installed in my RV6. I saw an ad for the Appareo installed @$4,300 and 3 days down, some discount the unit by $300, is the install that long and $1,600, any rebate to the shop from Appareo to sell the unit, Garmin box any cheaper to install?

Looking to get the Appareo esg adsb out or the Garmin 335 for $3,000 installed in my RV6. I saw an ad for the Appareo installed @$4,300 and 3 days down, some discount the unit by $300, is the install that long and $1,600, any rebate to the shop from Appareo to sell the unit, Garmin box any cheaper to install?

I installed the Appareo Stratus ESG in my airplane. I did an update to a different GPS antenna that was easier to install. Neighbor installed the Garmin 335. They are both the same difficulty to install. IMHO, the ESG is easier to program.

IMHO, both should install is 8 hours or less depending on what needs removed from your airplane.

Adsb

Thanks for the info, just swapping out a KT76 transponder. Gives me an approx cost for the labor to install, shops in the northeast very greedy and very busy.

You might want to consider the Trig TT31, which will slide into the KT76A tray. You'll still need to connect the optional GPS receiver and antenna, though.

8-10 hours is typical for the installation of a new transponder, tray and GPS antenna.

Last edited:
Appareo

I?ve gotten quotes to install this unit from $4K-$7K. Some are booked till next year, those are the high ones, went with the $4K in Oct.

Many are super greedy alright. Most quote around the $2,500 range for installation. They also prefer you to buy their system instead of having it bought elsewhere, so they can get another mark-up added on. Had lots of quotes around $5,000 for complete Stratus ESG system and install.

Bought my complete Stratus ESG system from John Starks last year, and was considerably less than what you see advertised.

Just now had mine installed for $1,000, it wasn't a shop, they came to my hangar. There is a San Angelo, TX shop that will do it for $85.00 an hour, and they are only one month out roughly when I checked last month.

My installers were two young men out of SAFB, took them 8.5 hours without a lunch break. They had done hundreds in the jets, but this system was new to them. So they spent additional time studying the install manual before coming out.

Think they did a great job, but I haven't got things completely going my way yet. GPS signal still hasn't turned green after a couple of tries, just stays yellow. Another issue is the altitude symbol comes on showing a failure. I'm going to study it some more, before I get them back out here. It still may be operator error.

I am having the Stratus installed in a Cessna C140A right now at Stark Avionics in Columbus, Ga. $3000 out the door. I have wondered if there will be a price drop after the deadline, if you can wait and get to a shop not in required airspace.

Last edited:
Back