What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair fuel pump drawing overcurrent and tripping the breaker

Captain_John

Well Known Member
So, I guess you could say this has been an ongoing issue for me. My airplane has been up and running for 4 years now. In that time I have accrued 1000 hours. All of that time I have used my Andair fuel pump. In the first 5 hours, it failed me. I sent it back to England and it was repaired. They found nothing wrong! However, they said they rebuilt it anyway. It had tripped out once about a year ago, but I reset the circuit breaker and figured it was an anomaly.

Recently it has failed me to a greater extent. This past week it cannot remain on longer than about 10 seconds without tripping the 10 ampere threshold. I can watch it on my VPX as the current draw slowly increases to the threshold.

I have decided to replace it with an EFII fuel pump. I'm in the process right now.

My question is, what does the collective brain trust think about using the Andair fuel filter with the EFII fuel pump? I don't see that it would be a problem. Are there any other concerns that I should be aware of? What are your thoughts?

:confused: CJ

andair fuel filter

I have the andair fuel pump and the filter, but I decided to not use the filter, as it just seemed a bit too small. Here's what I used:

http://www.rv8.ch/andair-fuel-pump-upgrade/

img_1416-570x570.jpg

Back