What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionics kit inventory?

I just picked up my -12 avionics kit at Van's, but their packing list doesn't itemize the items that get shipped directly to SteinAir: all the Garmin items, the TCW backup battery, and I don't know what else. I want to verify that I got everything I'm supposed to. I've asked Van's for a list, but they just sent me the packing list again and said "Stein ships that other stuff".

Feels weird to spend hours counting every eight-cent washer, then hand-wave checking for hundred-dollar boxes, so I'm turning to the community. My kit includes the second G3X Touch display, autopilot control panel & servos, and ADS-B in. Here's what I got - does this look complete?

Ack E-04 ELT (this actually _is_ on the packing list)
Garmin GA 36 GPS Antenna
Garmin GDL 50R ADS-B & GPS Receiver
Garmin GDU 460 MFD
Garmin GDU 460 PFD
Garmin GEA 24 Engine Indication System
Garmin GMC 507 Autopilot Control Head
Garmin GMU 11 Magnetometer
Garmin GPS 20A WAAS GPS
Garmin GSA 28 Autopilot Servo (2)
Garmin GSU 25C ADAHRS
Garmin GTR 200B COM Transceiver / Intercom
Garmin GTX 35R Transponder
Garmin GTP 59 OAT Probe
TCW Technologies IBBS-12V-3AH Integrated Back-Up Battery System

Thanks!

My avionics kit came with a packing list from SteinAir. This lists out the big ticket items.

PXL_20220809_153102306.MP.jpgPXL_20220809_153102306.MP (1).jpg
Here's mine for a dual screen Garmin system with autopilot and ADSB in.

If you don't have one of these, I would contact SteinAir and see if they can provide one. In my experience, their support is excellent.

My avionics kit came with a packing list from SteinAir. This lists out the big ticket items.

Here's mine for a dual screen Garmin system with autopilot and ADSB in.

If you don't have one of these, I would contact SteinAir and see if they can provide one. In my experience, their support is excellent.

Oooh, thank you, that’s excellent! You have the same options as I do, and (happily) your list matches what I got, but I’ve sent a note to SteinAir asking for my packing list to be sure.

Back