What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van’s Plans Binders?

boearl

Well Known Member
Patron
I want to replace my aging 11x19 white plans D-slant 3 ring binders. Wasn’t able to find them in the Van’s “Store. So, I spoke with Van’s. They say the binders are 11x17 and are grey. Has anyone ordered, or has, one of these and can confirm the actual dimensions? May have to look in Amazon’s aviation section.

Many Thanks

This is what I used - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009US24K2?

IMG_1983.JPG

Binders

I don't have any 11x17, but I do have a lot of 8-1/2x11.
I prefer these. They are one touch. The release is on one end and they don't draw blood when you close them. I find them the easiest to add or remove pages.
I'm pretty OCD so I have quite a few binders with all sorts of documentation. My big plans are folded accordian style. I also had all my schematics printed 11x17. They are also in these type binders. Yes, they all have a printed paper cover and spine slipped into the pockets.

If you have any damaged aircraft skins, and hinges laying around, you can build a screw-post binder.
<Snip>
That's bloody brilliant. Vans needs to buy that idea and sell it as a practice kit. Nicely done

Last edited:
Back