What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AntiSplatAero Installation&Performance of Air-Oil Separator

American Flyer

I'm New Here
Copy of message sent to AntiSplatAero 11-1-2022, posted by American Flyer upon request by Gary Guilliat N65GG
--

Allan Nimmo:

Information on the installation of your oil separator on my RV-7, N65GG. I have operated this aircraft for the past eighteen years, and after every flight I had to clean copious amounts of oil residue from the belly. During that period of time I have grown older, and it has become a problem to get under the aircraft to clean the oil off the belly after each flight.

In looking for an improvement to this problem, I came accross your oil separator. I watched a video of the unit and was impressed with its capability to return the oil to the sump rather than pump it overboard onto the belly of the aircraft. I therefore purchased one to install on my aircraft.

The installation instruction seamed to be straight forward, and within my capability to install same. The most difficult problem was drilling the mounting holes in the firewall to hold the separator. Once the separator was installed on the firewall, the installation of the hoses associate with the installation was difficult because of the limited space behind the engine to work in. We did not install the crankcase vacuum evacuation and safety relief system, we simply ran the breather line overboard adjacent to the right exhaust pipe. After the installation we test run the engine for oil leaks, and every thing was clean and secure.

We then planned a test flight to see what the outcome was going to be. The engine oil was at seven quarts when we departed for a 2:15 cross-country flight from KGOO to KWJF. We spend a couple of days at the destination on a QB outing, and returned home on the third day with another 2:15 flight. Back at KGOO we checked the belly for oil residue, but every thing on the belly could be learned up with one paper towel in a few minutes. The engine oil was still at seven quarts after the 4:30 minutes of flight.

I could not be happier with this product and the installation: Gary Guilliat N-65GG
--

Attachments

• IMG_0762.jpeg
    IMG_0762.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0763.jpeg
    IMG_0763.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0764.jpeg
    IMG_0764.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0765.jpeg