What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAB Silicone Rubber to Cowl

uk_RV9A

Looking at the documentation for the new FAB, it shows Silicone Sheet .063x1.75x12 as the material for conncting the Fab to the inlet in the cowl. According to the discussion about the new kit it is more flexible than the traditional material.

I do not want to redo the FAB, so do not want a complete kit, but would like to try this material on my existing FAB.

I cant see it listed anywhere in in Vansaircraft online store, anyone know if it is available there as a separate item and I am not searching correctly? Or any suggestions where else to source in small amounts.

Looking at the documentation for the new FAB, it shows Silicone Sheet .063x1.75x12 as the material for conncting the Fab to the inlet in the cowl. According to the discussion about the new kit it is more flexible than the traditional material.

I do not want to redo the FAB, so do not want a complete kit, but would like to try this material on my existing FAB.

I cant see it listed anywhere in in Vansaircraft online store, anyone know if it is available there as a separate item and I am not searching correctly? Or any suggestions where else to source in small amounts.

Spruce sells it in 1/8" strips. I used that for my baffles. Not sure if they sell 1/16" though. I just built a FAB for a 6 owner and I like it much better than the old rubber baffle material for that use.

Back