What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New website for airport info

M5fly

Well Known Member
Inspired in large part by the many threads we get on VAF asking about specific airport info for upcoming trips, I've launched a website aimed at answering most of those questions. It's similar to 160knots.com, but more up to date and with a little more "flair". Fun Places to Fly doesn't seem to ever have enough info on the lesser visited places either. I've also started including this info in my YouTube videos and will attach them to the corresponding airport write-up. Hopefully this will be great for letting folks see what approach and departure actually looks like at these airports and gives you an idea of what to expect.

This is a work in progress and I've only scratched the surface of places I've been, so be sure to check back often. And if you've been somewhere that isn't listed and have some good info to share, please send it to me and we'll add it to the site. The more pictures, the better! Share your feedback with me as well so I can continuely make it better for the end user - at least as much as I can with my limited technical savvy.

https://www.gaairportinfo.com

Inspired in large part by the many threads we get on VAF asking about specific airport info for upcoming trips, I've launched a website aimed at answering most of those questions. It's similar to 160knots.com, but more up to date and with a little more "flair". Fun Places to Fly doesn't seem to ever have enough info on the lesser visited places either. I've also started including this info in my YouTube videos and will attach them to the corresponding airport write-up. Hopefully this will be great for letting folks see what approach and departure actually looks like at these airports and gives you an idea of what to expect.

This is a work in progress and I've only scratched the surface of places I've been, so be sure to check back often. And if you've been somewhere that isn't listed and have some good info to share, please send it to me and we'll add it to the site. The more pictures, the better! Share your feedback with me as well so I can continuely make it better for the end user - at least as much as I can with my limited technical savvy.

https://www.gaairportinfo.com
Curious after checking a couple of the destinations, will you be adding if it is possible to camp as an option?

Next flight south I'll be using your list.

Thank you.

Mike

Thanks for dong this. Please be sure to have enough information on the page for those of us that do not engage on social media.

Curious after checking a couple of the destinations, will you be adding if it is possible to camp as an option?

Next flight south I'll be using your list.

Thank you.

Mike

Mike, definitely. You can't camp at any of the locations I've got on there so far, but I'll be adding more soon that you can. There's quite a few places along the west coast that have camping available - granted I've only been to a handful of them so far. If you have info to share on Alaska airports I'd be happy to add those to the site as well.

flysrv10 - thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping to embed my YouTube videos that highlight a particular airport on the pages so folks can watch straight from there and get visuals of arrival/departure and the airport environment. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like included.

I'm trying to get more locations added soon. Completing the write-ups and adding them to the site takes a fair bit of time.

Back