What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing images and broken links

chubsterini

Well Known Member
I’ve been lurking here lately and really enjoying all the great information as I get myself psych’d up to start a build.
One thing that has been a pain is that the images embedded or linked by older posts are mostly missing or broken rendering those posts difficult to understand.
Is there a “Best Practice” or FAQ here on how to insert and maintain images in posts?

[ed. https://vansairforce.net/articles/ImagesInForums/images.htm Google makes it hard.
Paid services like SmugMug make hosting thousands of your own pics pretty painless. v/r,dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that past pics with links die when the "free" service starts charging and folks don't pay to keep the account.

Hopefully new posts will live longer as you can now upload pics directly to this site.

A suggestion if you have a photo hosting service you will not renew, maybe upload the pictures before closing out.

If you are looking at building an Rv14 You can research with the "wiki" I post in my signature. I try to locate threads on the appropriate page so sometimes even if you do not have the original picture you can figure out the gist of the thread.

Last edited:
Posting photos

Good luck with your build.

Use the paperclip icon when you are posting to include photos.

Attachments

• attach a photo.jpg
    attach a photo.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 65
Back