What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

E-01401A bends?

patmiller

I'm assembling the trim tab. The diagram shows the arm as having some pre-bends to allow it to fit around the connect. Can't post a picture on mobile. Was yours bent? I may have to toss it in the ol' brake to fix.

If you mean bend as in the whole assembly (sheet of metal) has some bends to it, yes straighten it out. The precut "bend" is the right angle.

I had to do some tweeking.
I had to do a little tweaking as well but the big thing for me is if you follow the directions exactly and label the parts, cut them out and assemble as called out it looks great but it's wrong. Go 9-24 and actually test fit the part. Did what Van's calls out multiple times before I realized Van's goofed. It's all good... They are getting me to think for myself.

Trim arm should be straight when looking at all 3 pieces from the top or bottom. (no rivets on top or bottom.) from the side (you can see all 4 rivets) the arm should have a hockey stick look to it with one side shorter than the other. the shorter side of the arm connects to the servo.

Zooming in on the diagram when you are confused tends to help.

The thread labeled "page 09-12 step 5" hyperlinked above this thread on page 09-12 of the WIKI has a picture of a completed trim pushrod.

Attachments

• Trim Arm.jpg
    Trim Arm.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Back