What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV7/A construction manual

Staunch111

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a Microsoft word copy of the plans set / construction manual (NOT the drawing files) (if it exists) for a 7? Unfortunately I do not have OCR software to convert a pdf file. Thanks in advance:)

Documentation at Van's Website

I set up an account at the Van's Store and added information on my RV-7A with my builder number. Now I can log in, click on the arrow by my name (near the "cart" link" and select "my aircraft". This takes me to a page with links for "Service Information" and "Download Kit Plans". You can download drawings and manual sections in PDF format. The manual sections are searchable. The drawings are not searchable. I combined all the manual PDFs into one larger PDF so I could search the whole manual easily.

My understanding is the downloads on the Van's site are the latest revisions and may not match the kit parts and documentation you received with the kits. So I use the downloaded files to search for information or to see if something changed, but I mostly rely on the documentation provided with my kits.

Regards,
Brad

I set up an account at the Van's Store and added information on my RV-7A with my builder number. Now I can log in, click on the arrow by my name (near the "cart" link" and select "my aircraft". This takes me to a page with links for "Service Information" and "Download Kit Plans". You can download drawings and manual sections in PDF format. The manual sections are searchable. The drawings are not searchable. I combined all the manual PDFs into one larger PDF so I could search the whole manual easily.

My understanding is the downloads on the Van's site are the latest revisions and may not match the kit parts and documentation you received with the kits. So I use the downloaded files to search for information or to see if something changed, but I mostly rely on the documentation provided with my kits.

Regards,
Brad

Hi Brad,

Thank you for the info.

Cheers!

Back